Sunday, February 7, 2010

Oh for the love of Pete. Wait. Who is Pete?

Hi, my name is Shae.
I like music. I like bluegrass music. I like to play and sing music. I like to play and sing bluegrass music.
The sentances you just read pretty much summarize what I would like my life to involve. I thank any of you who are reading this and have supported me in my music, because it truely is one of the most important things in my life. I like using the talent that I believe God has blessed me with for a reason, and sharing the joy of it with everyone who will listen. The stage feels like home to me, moreso than the house I live in. When I'm up there with the lights, standing with my friends and an audience who really appreciates the music, the feeling is absolutely undescribable. Hearing the two and three part harmonies and counting the bass line and moving the bow across my fiddle at just the right moment... it's just like heaven on earth. I love the little old men who tell me I sing like an angel and I love the people who refuse to leave after a show until they hear me sing just one more time, and I love my friends and bandmates who kept me going, even when I was just beginning and felt like putting down my fiddle and giving up so many times.
My Pap has always encouraged and supported me when it comes to my music. Honestly, I probably wouldn't have ever joined LC Blue and made this realization if it wasn't for him. And since he's probably reading this, then just know that I appreciate everything you and Grandma have done for me and I love you both very much.
And Dad and Karen, thank you for my magic fiddle. I really do practice and I really do love it and I always will.
I don't ever appreciate people enough. None of us do. I am one of the most blessed, spoiled, loved, and just plain lucky kids on God's green earth. I don't have a million dollars or a mansion in Beverly Hills, but I have a family that any kid would kill for, and that much I'm thankful for every day. If I could spend the rest of my life making a living singing and playing music, then it would be nothing short of a dream come true. Though I'm probably doomed to spend the rest of my life baking cakes in someone else's shop until I was 80 and can finally afford my own, but I guess that wouldn't be so bad. I like to bake.
Aaron is in Nashville this weekend, doing more meet and greets only with the most famous bluegrassers ever. I'm sitting here all proud of the fact that I was invited to have lunch with Hershel Sizemore and Bobby Osbourne last summer (oh, and Bobby's son, whose name I cannot remember but he kept giving me weird looks) and Aaron all out of the blue says oh I'm off to Nashville again this weekend blahblahblah meeting EARL SCRUGGS again blahblahblah and I just put on an of course you are kind of face and turned back to the piano.
I want his bluegrass experience/connections, and I want them now.
):
But all in due time, right?
I just keep telling myself that.
Hopefully this bluegrass job with Richie and Eileen works out. Hopefully Mom lightens up and lets me take it. She says maybe not cause she wants me to have a five days a week steady paycheck (in foodservice or telemarketing or some other hell hole I will want to quit in three days or less) so that I have the experience before getting shoved out into the world. All understandable, and I'd like to be able to pay for my own gas for my car, but if I had to choose between a job in a bluegrass band or a job at Burger King, which one am I going to choose? Hopefully Mom lets me choose. I really want to be in this band. I have 60+ years to enjoy the droning of a normal job thats going to keep me occupied every day of the week and will have me counting down the days till retirement. Let me enjoy the flexibility of my teen years while I can. I mean, it IS a job, right? Geesh. Am I just being a stupid teenager? I hope not, because I actually put thought into this. I'm not trying to be lazy and avoid a job, I had friends picking up applications to a local Resort for me so I could apply to spend my evenings and nights taking orders from a public who tends to be rude to the wait staff, from what I've seen anyway. But when opportunity knocks.....
Well, keep your fingers crossed for me. I feel like this is what I'm supposed to be doing, at least for now.
Until something interesting happens,
Toodaloo.
♥Shae.

No comments:

Post a Comment